Twisting like a Russian

In my quest for increasing my balance and swimming less when I surfski, I have turned to some off the water balancing exercises 




Reading up on how to increase your balance, I soon realised that my main problem was that my core was not strong enough for my heavy frame.   I started to ad some basic core exercises (plank, etc) to my weekly gym sessions.  My balance got better quickly and I soon swam less and paddled more when I surfskied.  

But as my core strengthened I needed to increase the intensity and variety of my core exercises.  In posts to follow I will give some more info on which exercises I tried and which worked best for me.



But for now, let's get twisting like a Russian with the Russian Twist - currently one of my favourite Core and Obliques exercises.

P.S. >  Join smilicus on Facebook were I post more surfki and core exercise clips and links.


0 comments: